Commissioning Electrical Lead - Contract
Reports to the Commissioning Manager and assist planning and execution of a safe and efficient Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Start-up and Performance Testing of the facility to achieve the plant’s production and performance objectives and McDermott’s contractual objectives.
Development of programs, procedures and activities necessary for the safe and efficient commissioning, repair, and maintenance of all plant electrical equipment on a Central Processing Facility in Africa.
Knowledge of OPERCOM on a large oil & gas project is a plus.
- Work collaboratively within the Project team and with Client to maintain positive relationships.
- Responsible for developing an overall electrical energization plan for the facility.
- Responsible for the development of pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and testing programs for electrical equipment and systems.
- Responsible for liaison with equipment manufacturers and suppliers for electrical pre-commissioning, commissioning and repairs procedures for electrical equipment / packages as required.
- Develops work plans for execution of electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Develops Safe Work Practice Procedures for all electrical maintenance activities.
- Provides electrical input to the Commissioning Schedule.
- Provides electrical input to scope of work subcontracted packages as required.
- Provides electrical input for Spares, Consumables and Tools.
- Liaise with the Systems Completion Manager for systemisation of SLD’s and validation of the electrical data in the completions database.
- Review the electrical content of the pre-commissioning and commissioning dossiers in accordance with project requirements.
- Manage and coordinate the Electrical MOPEX team in the development of the procedures and plans as defined in the project deliverables list.
- Have pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up experience as an electrical lead or equivalent, on at least 3 major EPC projects in the oil and gas industry.
- 5+ years’ previous experience with HV/MV/LV equipment in the oil & gas industry.
- Experience of GIS and 110+kVA systems
- Familiar with codes and standards of IEC, API, EEMUA, and IEEE.
- Demonstrates a broad technical knowledge of construction and completion activities.
- Able to effectively communicate technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
- Must have strong English communications skills, both oral and written. Second language is a plus.
- Must have excellent computer software skills in MS Office suite as a minimum.
- Must have good Presentation skills for meetings with Engineering and Client.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be adaptable to various needs of various discipline groups.