If you are an experienced Psychologist looking for a rewarding job, where you can make a difference and change lives for the better, then join the team at Bere Clinic in Waterlooville as a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist and enjoy support from a regional network of psychologists.
You will be working 37.5 hours a week at Bere clinic, caring for children and adolescents where behavioural, psychological, or emotional problems may have resulted in a severely restricted dietary intake. Interventions include individual therapy, systemic family therapy, therapeutic groups, meal support sessions and a parent support group.
As a psychologist you will be responsible for the provision of individual therapy based on evidence-based approaches (e.g., CBT-E, AFT, FT-AN) and group interventions. You will contribute to the comprehensive MDT assessment of patients’ difficulties and the development of an individualised clinical formulation.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team and to contribute to the development of an individualised and patient-centred service, whilst also being part of a network of eating disorder therapists working for Elysium providing access to CPD, training and support.
* Part-time applications will be considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To support the provision of the psychology service in the CAMHS eating disorder team, in collaboration with multidisciplinary team, and under the direction and supervision of the Therapy Lead/Clinical Psychologist
- To participate fully with the multidisciplinary team and ensure that the patient is fully engaged in their care pathway.
- To provide psychological assessments of patients based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological (and neuropsychological) tests, self-report measures, rating scales direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the patient’s care.
- To provide staff reflective practice, consultation and training
- To provide clinical supervision to Assistant Psychologist, as directed by the Therapy Lead/Clinical Psychologist.
- To attend clinical supervision with the Therapy Lead/Clinical Psychologist
- To attend monthly therapy meeting with the therapy team at the Bere Clinic.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Accredited Doctoral level qualification in clinical or counselling psychology
- Professional registration with the appropriate body (e.g., Health Care Professions Council) or qualification pending
- Experience (either pre-training, on training, or subsequently) of providing evidence-based interventions to adolescents and/or families (e.g., CBT-E, FT-AN, AFT, DBT)
- Competency in psychological assessment and formulation skills
- Competency as regards risk assessment and management
- Ability to accept and use supervision appropriately and effectively.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a Positive Behaviour Support Approach model.
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £45,000 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package