WE ARE HIRING!
Job title: Credit Risk Analyst
Vacancy type: Full-time/Permanent
At Amius, we believe in doing great things together. With you. With our clients. With a perspective on actions today that shape tomorrow. Amius is an innovative, global commodity OTC & brokerage firm. In an ever-changing world, we pride ourselves in offering a unique service. We strive to be the best in our field through exceptional attention to our clients’ requirements; enabling them to protect their business margins and manage volatility. Amius is your trusted partner!
Why Amius? At Amius you are never a number, you are recognized individually. Amius has more than 50 employees across its divisions, with offices in London, Singapore, and Miami.
What would you do:
Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Independently preparing financial analysis and credit memo’s for both new and existing clients.
- Performing fundamental analysis of annual and interim financial statements on corporates / commodities type clients.
- Clearly communicating recommendations of credit limits to Risk Management and Sales.
- Ensuring that all credit limit approvals are recorded and accurately updated in Amius systems and trading platform.
- Proactively managing clients credit portfolio, including credit lines overdue and limits overshoots.
- Monitoring daily trading performance of clients including collateral management and margin calls.
- Working closely with Sales and Legal & Compliance to ensure minimum onboarding criteria are met.
- Contributing to optimizing credit data analytics and systems.
- Developing a modern approach to credit risk management.
What you must have:
- Experience in analysing financial statements, including of Corporates and commodities type counterparties.
- Good writing skills in preparing credit memo’s.
- Previous experience managing a credit portfolio.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in credit risk analysis.
- Experience in working with a global sales team.
What you will need:
- Spanish / Portuguese speaker is a strong advantage.
- Ability to work in a flat organizational structure, take initiative and be proactive in managing workload.
- Be pragmatic while maintaining an independent risk-based approach to decision making.
- Knowledge of commodities markets, including soft commodities is an advantage.
- Familiarity of derivative products with a willingness to learn.
- Some understanding of ISDA and other legal documentations.
- Prioritize workload and work to strict deadlines; adapt and respond to change as it comes.
- Effective communication skills: ability to clearly articulate and escalate complex issues to Management as necessary.
- Interest in developing technological solutions to organization workflows.
- Experience using Python, VBA and SQL coding in a professional environment.
- CFA, FRM, CAIA or comparable professional qualification is an advantage.
What will you gain:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays!
- Private Health Insurance, life insurance and pension.
- Culturally diverse workplace and plenty of international exposure.