We are Multiverse, a tech startup with a social mission. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our impact focuses on three core areas: measuring potential beyond academics, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital through a thriving community.
We are one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe and also rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
We started 2021 with the UK’s largest ever EdTech funding round - a $44m Series B. Since then we've opened our New York office, and been awarded “Outstanding” by OFSTED (the UK government’s education regulator) across every category. In September 2021, we broke the funding record again with a $130m Series C raise.
We are looking for exceptional people to join us as we create something genuinely radical that will replace the way people think about accessing careers and how they learn.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the cloud computing infrastructure that supports our data pipeline - establishing, automating, optimising and securing data flows to, through and from multiple systems that serve every part of the business.
This role will be within the Data & Insight team. You will need to be methodical, analytical, creative, collaborative and tenacious, with very high attention to detail.
What you’ll focus on:
- Configuring and administering our Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Proxmox instances
- Monitoring cloud process performance, error logs etc and implementing remediations/ upgrades as necessary
Integrity and Security
- Continuously monitoring system integrity/security risks and implementing remediations/upgrades as necessary
- Participating in regular infrastructure security reviews and overseeing implementation of all resultant technical change requirements
Automation, Optimisation and Scalability
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated systems and processes (e.g. via AWS) that enable greater operational efficiency at scale
- Ensuring all of our infrastructure is scalable - including management of any associated technical upgrades - ahead of organisational growth trajectory
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant Dev Ops experience
- Proven track record of producing high quality data infrastructure deliverables against ambitious goals and deadlines
- Pragmatic, ‘can-do’ approach with a demonstrable record of turning challenges into opportunities
- Experience with AWS (inc EC2, Lambda, RDS), Bash Scripting, Containers (e.g. Docker), PostgreSQL, GitHub, ETL, Continuous Integration/Delivery (e.g. Jenkins), Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to Multiverse’s mission and values
Non-Required (But Desirable):
- Experience with Tableau and/or Alteryx
- Experience working within proxmox environments and/or LXC containers
- Working knowledge of PHP, Java and/or Python
- Experience within education/skills sector
What’s in it for you?
- Equity. One of our core values is “we are all owners” so we make sure everyone has a piece of the pie.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays to keep the tank topped up.
- Pension scheme.
- Perkbox benefits, for everything from phone insurance to gym membership.
- Be at the heart of a rapidly accelerating business that the leading Silicon Valley VCs are investing in.
- Learn from the people who grew four different pre-IPO businesses to multi-billion dollar valuations (most recently AppDynamics).
- Be surrounded by smart, driven and ambitious people who dream big, work hard and have fun.