IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a DevX/Build Engineer to join its Atala team.
Rapid delivery of high-quality software depends on smooth operations and visibility of the evolving status of the code base. Code is data; Git repos are data; build times, test histories, and past performance results are data. Work with us to turn data into knowledge and knowledge into a better developer experience and enable faster, more reliable delivery of high-assurance software. Start by organizing and streamlining continuous integration for our software, then help lead our transformation to a metrics-driven delivery organization.
In Atala, IOG is developing products for digital identities and verifiable credentials. We are building a platform that can be tailored to the needs of clients in many business sectors. We need software professionals with personality, technical foundations and experience to join a fast-paced team. You will help us design, implement and deliver.
In our team, we start from product requirements and design, and implement a solution that we own end-to-end. We do protocols, services, applications, and even create infrastructure and deployment plans, fully automating everything in the process. We have built an architecture on top of Cardano, our flagship blockchain, but our core architecture is also blockchain-agnostic.
We use Scala for the backend, and Kotlin to define a software development kit for JVM, Android, iOS, and web platforms. We build applications for the web, Android and iOS. Our infrastructure is currently defined in Terraform and runs in AWS and we are experimenting with Nomad and Kubernetes for orchestrating our services. We have an automated test suite and we are applying Continuous Integration (CI) practices.
As a DevX/Build Engineer you are in charge of ensuring that our development teams are happy, effective, and productive. This involves using, creating, and configuring tools and frameworks to make development easier, all the way from writing the software to building and deploying it. You work closely with the software engineers, architects and managers, and our QA and DevOps teams to define, improve and maintain our software delivery process.
Duties will include:
- Create, maintain, document, and optimize automated build processes
- Create and maintain internal tools to support development or build workflows, including advanced systems to improve build and development processes across IOG
- Work with the development team to set up and maintain a functional and effective development build environment
- Support the QA team in defining continuous testing processes and validation pipelines
- Support the needs of the DevOps team and contribute to the definition of a reliable continuous integration pipeline
- Contribute to the administration of the source version control system and help manage users, groups, permissions, and general instance configuration of the source control.
- Some professional experience with the programming languages we use and their common build tools
- Unix system administration experience
- Git (preferably administration and internals, not just the standard developer skills)
- Database design and coding, preferably including complex SQL queries (eg, recursive queries)
- (Desirable) Experience of working in internal tooling teams or DevOps
- (Desirable) Docker repository management
- Other desirable specialisms include: Buildkite (but Jenkins would be a good fallback); Nagios; Grafana; Vault; JMX remote debugging; Jira.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- Learning & Development opportunities
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service