ROLE: Director of Software Engineering
Are you an Inspiring, passionate and driven software engineering leader?
A brilliant new opportunity has been signed off today by one of our leading eCommerce consultancy clients for a Director of Software Engineering. Over the last few years, the company has continued their super charged journey of growth in the UK and have become the number 1 player within their market.
Working closely with the CEO and the senior leadership team, we are looking for a modern thinking Engineering Director to create an industry recognised ‘Engineering & Craftmanship Culture’, whilst growing the company’s technical headcount through lean and sustainable lean structures/hierarchy.
You will be expected to:
- Inspire and lead from the front and be willing to push boundaries.
- Recruit, lead and drive the Engineering team (c. 40 today and expected to double in size in next 18 months).
- Inspire and be an advocate of advanced modern, agile software development practices
- Implement a set of disciplines for Front End Engineering, Software Engineering, DevOps/InfoSec and QA, that own, define and drive technical standards, vision, radar, and craftsmanship across the company.
- Deliver a cloud-first vision to perfectly blend people, processes and architecture.
- Drive & build an agile delivery function and a culture of continuous integration and improvement.
- Look to create new products/services, and introduce them into the company’s product offering, working as part of the SLT to drive the vision of group.
Who are we looking for?
Passionate in leading world-class engineering teams, you will be a brilliant software leader with a passion for all things digital (Web, eCommerce, Mobile).
An engineer at heart, you will be highly focused on delivery, will love mentoring and driving teams of engineers, and want to take a leading role in driving & building a super charged team.
With a strong agile/lean mindset, to be considered, you will offer the following experience/attributes:
- Passionate about engineering craft & culture.
- Experienced in leading and managing autonomous product engineering squads.
- Knowledge of modern web/cloud native technologies, frameworks and platforms (Shopify, Bigcommerce) and being able to evaluate the required deliverable to select the right technology.
- Attracting, retaining and developing engineering talent.
- Coaching engineers of all levels on a day-to-day basis.