The primary role is to perform a variety of Service tasks, identify technical problems and make analysis through remote or on-site activity in any Service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.) for a variety of Clients from the industrial and commercial sectors many of which are blue chip . Focus will be on taking responsibility for the successful and safe execution of inspection and maintenance services, on time, to budget and the clients satisfaction.
Location: Home based, Traveling daily to sites around the UK
- Installation, Inspection & maintenance of switchgear & transformers up to 33kv
- Manage inspection & maintenance reports on data bases.
- Installation of protection relays & control cabling
- Ensure the productivity of projects and service work.
- 24/7 On-Call Support standby Rota.
- Take full responsibility for the delivery, collection & control of insulating oil using Oil management system.
- Provide input into the tendering process for service work and projects.
- Ensure conformity to the ABB Electrical safety Management System.
- Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents.
- Ensure all materials and parts are identified specified and procured
- Troubleshooting - identifies potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions. Troubleshoots equipment failure and makes recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Experienced and qualified Engineer/Technician with >2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of ABB and third Party MV Products.
- Strong background in the power sector service & maintenance.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus.
- Completed basic electrical switchgear & transformer maintenance course.
- City & Guilds 236 or 232 certificate or equivalent NVQ.
- Full driving license
- Experienced in HV, MV and LV cable jointing
- IOSH managing safety.
- Safety passport.
- CSCS card Holder
- SF6 competent person