Due to sustained growth, we are looking for talented full-time remote developers living permanently in the UK to join our team delivering high quality performant and maintainable solutions for both our own products and systems as well as our clients.
Almost all of the projects we work on are some form of web application and therefore as a full stack developer, you'll be working on everything from complex SQL queries to React components and everything in between.
We believe in developing ourselves and each other so our roles are ideal for developers looking for a company they can grow within. Every day is interesting and varied here so we offer the stability and comfort of a long term position without sacrificing variety and personal development.
We've worked remotely for years yet we collaborate a lot so you'll be expected to help others to complete their work and seek help from others when you need it too. This extends to an ongoing commitment to learning, with old and new technologies willingly learned as necessary to perform well in the role and new knowledge keenly shared with colleagues.
Required Technical Competencies
- 2 years+ working with .NET Core (C#) in a web application context
- 2 years+ working with SQL (MSSQL or MySQL/MariaDB preferred)
- 1 year+ working with ReactJS or a similar library
- Collaboration - Leverage our collective genius, be a team.
- Transparency - Be real. Treat the client's money as your own.
- Accountability - Recognise that if it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion - Show commitment in heart and mind
- Advocacy - Earn trust and demonstrate integrity
- Quality - Ensure what we do, we do well.
The Interview Process
We believe that interviews need to be a two-way process, it's just as important for you to be happy that we are the right company for you as it is for us to be happy that you are the right person for us, to determine this we have a two-stage interview process.
The first is an approximately 1-hour telephone call so we can all find out a bit more about each other and see if we're likely to be compatible. This also includes some verbal technical questions based on the technology we use every day, we don't believe in asking silly trick questions.
For those that progress to the second stage, the second interview is a work simulation performed over a video call. You will have two tasks explained to you and will be left alone to concentrate and work on them (via a remote machine so you don't need to worry about setting your own computer up for the task). Afterwards, you can take us through what you've done and we'll give us some feedback there and then too. The second interview takes about 3 hours.
So what's in it for you?
Aside from providing an environment that is challenging yet supportive and collaborative, we offer:
- Competitive Salary (typically £35,000 -£55,000 depending on experience)
- Fully remote working with some flexibility
- 30 days paid holiday + bank holidays of which 10 can be used at short notice as wellbeing days (for sickness, mental health) or emergencies.
- All relevant tools and equipment are provided when needed.