Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We are an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we will offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies, and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
As a Lead Engineer (Principal Consultant), you'll be leading a team or effort. We'll be looking at you to set direction and take responsibility for successfully achieving an outcome or deliverable. You may have a team of people to support, leading a development team, or else you could be working across multiple teams, providing some centralised expertise necessary for a larger program of work.
- You'll have expertise in architecture and will feel comfortable leading higher level architectural discussions.
- Using your experience of the development process, it’s likely you’ll own the overall process across a team, or multiple teams, building strong principles and putting robust methods and patterns in place.
- You will be comfortable having conversations with the client regularly, being one of the main points of engagement between the client and the project.
- Coaching and mentoring the team will be important in the role.
- Your involvement in shaping bids (working with a bid team) will assist to create approaches or proposals, and perhaps you may also add valuable contributions during presentations to clients in a formal selection process.
- You'll play an active role in account management.
What we're looking for
PA is a Google Cloud Premier Partner and we create innovative solutions using the whole spectrum of Google Cloud products and services, as well as other leading cloud platforms and technologies.
You probably have experience as a software or DevOps engineer using languages and tools such as Java, Python, Kubernetes and Terraform, but it's your understanding of and enthusiasm for cloud technologies, technologies and techniques that are most important.
Ideally you will be qualified to Google Certified Data Engineer, Certified Cloud Architect or Cloud Developer level, although good hands-on experience is just as valued.
You probably have experience in building and delivering solutions on Google Cloud, perhaps using serverless products such as App Engine and Cloud Functions, or containers deployed to GKE. Or maybe you have focused on building data pipelines using Dataflow and Apache Beam.
PA’s common technology components:
- App Engine
- Cloud Functions
- Kubernetes Engine, Compute Engine, VPCs
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud SQL and BigQuery
- Dataflow, Apache Beam
- DialogFlow, Auto ML, AI Platform
- Microservices patterns
- Event-driven architectures and message queues
- Relational and non-relational databases
Benefits at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)