The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable, and cost-efficient, and is a leading provider of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security, and energy management.
We have an opportunity for a Remote Building Operations Engineer to join our Honeywell Building Technology team in Horsham
This role is part of the Global Remote Buildings Operation Team who operate a 24/7 Engineering Response and Support to Honeywell Connected Sites around the world under a defined Service Level Agreement (SLA). You will be part of an office-based team working various shifts who are the first point of contact for our contracted customer base. It will be your responsibility to ensure our customers gets their issues resolved in the most expedient way possible and in accordance to their SLA agreements. You will achieve this by offering Remote Fixes and Escalations to Field Engineering Teams.
Drive productivity initiatives that will strengthen the engineering community, forming working relationships with field engineering, product offering, tech support & engineering teams. You will develop broad understanding of customer needs. You will support the knowledge-sharing mindset, methodology, and tools. You will help develop Technical Support processes. You will ensure proper documenting and recording of all activity and communication.
· Be a change agent - influence, consult, and lead efforts for sharing and standardising of best practices and processes
· Provide Remote technical assistance for Honeywell contracted customers & Connected Sites
· Operate, Maintain and Interrogate Honeywell BMS Controllers
· Undertake Remote tasks on HVAC Controls systems. Modify and Interrogate BMS Software programs, applications and systems
· Continually ensure all Energy Saving measures for all Building Services are monitored and modified accordingly
· Undertake pre-planned maintenance activities across our clients BMS control systems
· You’ll identify faults across our control systems, and rectify them where needed
· You will drive timely identification, Investigation, Resolution, Root Cause analysis and Replication of Technical issues
· Navigate BMS systems and software to identify and resolve any issues presented within the systems
· Write BMS controls strategies in both text and software format in preparation for the commissioning of installation projects
· Execute small controls installation projects and commissioning where needed
· To undertake proactive and reactive tasks within set time frames following defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Manage customer requests who have varying levels of expertise
· Liaise with third party providers on non BMS related problems ensuring we deliver enhanced customer service
· Represent technical issues form both Field Service and Customers sites at the appropriate technical forums.
· Driving energy savings through applying BMS expertise.
· Liaise with Service Account Handlers to resolve customer queries
· Ensure the achievement of all team / individual targets and KPI’s
· Work closely with Technical Support Team & Engineering Teams on Product Issues
· Carrying out development project work to enhance Global Services Offering
· Contribute in the design and development of new onsite and remote technical services, which address the customer’s intelligent building needs
· Hands on experience with BMS.
- Experienced in a technical discipline
- e.g., City and Guilds, ONC or HNC in Mechanical, Electronic, BMS or Electrical (or at least working towards these certifications/qualifications)
- e.g., Mechanical, Electronic, BMS or Electrical (or at least working towards these certifications/qualifications)
- Demonstrate a level of understanding of typical HVAC and mechanical plant operations (i.e. an understanding of Boilers, Chillers, VT & CT circuits, AHU’s, Packaged Roof Top Units, etc.)