My client provide sustainable carbon and energy reduction solutions to help their customers transition to net zero. They do this through the design and construction of large-scale infrastructure renewal and renewables projects that reduce carbon and energy use as well as providing operating cost savings and improved building environments for their clients. Their approach is focused on thoroughly understanding client needs and drivers and utilising their expertise in project development, in-house engineering and programme delivery, to build tailored solutions that deliver true benefit.
The Head of Engineering is responsible for the development and delivery of the Connect platform and controls solution for all current and future Connect services. Also, in cooperation with the Connect Project Manager, the installation and completion of Connect projects, overseeing all aspects of solution design, installation and delivery.
Primary areas of responsibility are based on:
- Solution design and delivery: Overseeing the development of current and future services from concept to successful launch in live projects including management of the engineering team.
- Client management: Client engagement and management in solution development and delivery.
- Supplier management: Identify and work closely with controls and solutions manufacturers and systems integrators to ensure Connect has access to industry best solutions to build our platform and service offerings.
- Subcontractor management: Managing and coordinating sub-contractor and third-party activity, on-site delivery and access to the site to enable the delivery of Breathe projects on time and on budget, in co-operation with the Project Manager.
- Additional input to business development activities and service development across the management team.
- Managing (or co-ordination of) the site installation and delivery process of the BMS control systems.
- Liaising with the client and attending site/client meetings.
- Liaising with regional/project managers on operational aspects solution delivery.
- Liaising with the electrical installation and panel contractors.
- Ensuring that projects are safely completed on time, budget and scope (handover completed and O&Ms issued).
- Assistance with bids and project development.
- Delivery of all allocated site works and requirements.
- Leading on day-to-day management of the Controls engineering team including resource scheduling.
- Identify and manage training and development of the Controls engineering team.
- Ownership and management of the Breathe Asbestos Management procedures for all relevant works under your supervision.
- Own the timely reporting of any Accident, Incident or Near Miss on site using the Imtech reporting and escalation procedures.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Training:
- Experience working on BMS Controls projects in a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Experience of delivering single and multi-site projects in both the public and private sectors including NHS, Commercial, or Industrial environments.
- Ability and demonstrable experience in supporting the design development of BMS Controls schemes including translating design information into a delivery and interface schedule with input from Design/Engineering colleagues.
- Commercial and financial management.
- Knowledge of Trend, Siemens, Schneider Electric and Tridium BMS systems would be beneficial.
- Experience in remote communications - typically IP structure and 4G communications.
- Experience of working safely with electrical systems.
- Experience of working to company H&S and staff management policies and procedures.
- Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Awareness