Are you an experienced Internal Audit Manager/Senior Auditor who is seeking a No 2 level opportunity within a well regarded plc internal audit function?
This acquisitive, major player within their sector has an impressive order book and undertakes some very high profile work. The business is passionate, people-orientated, progressive and driven by their strong values to deliver lasting change for of their key stakeholders.
This people driven culture is echoed by their well regarded and friendly audit team. The team focuses on the delivery of risk-based and predominantly operational audits and comprises of people from a wide range of backgrounds including industry specialists and is supported by co-sourced resources where necessary.
Due to parental leave, there is currently a Fixed Term Contract Internal Audit Manager opportunity for 12- 18 months within the commercial audit team. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you will be a key member of the team in ensuring the delivery of the annual audit plan. In this hands-on role you will:
- Undertake risk assessment/reviews and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across the business and support the Head of Internal Audit with planning etc
- Lead the planning and delivery of audits in line with the annual plan including hands-on execution of the more challenging aspects of the audits
- Manage and mentor more junior members of the team including review of their work and agreement of action plans with stakeholders
- Draft and finalise audit reporting/recommendations and follow up on the implementation of agreed action plans
As the No 2 role within the Internal Audit team, this opportunity has a high level of visibility and exposure across the business. You must be able to drive and be prepared to travel throughout the UK for this role but it is not anticipated that the travel would be more than 10%-20%.
The business has always supported home working – even pre-COVID, but the decentralised nature of it’s operations and their flexible working culture, means that you can work full remote (with a maximum of 20% UK travel). Hence there is a degree of flexibility with regard to your base location, however, preferably you will be based in either the Midlands or the North of the UK
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience including a minimum of at least 2 years experience within the internal audit function of a large commercial business
- Be able to drive/travel throughout the UK (max 20%)
- Be self reliant and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Be a confident and articulate communicator who is able to build relationships with a wide range of people