At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. Because of that we’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and talent. Our culture was purpose-built to be remote first, and we offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. If you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology with a team that makes a difference every day, let’s talk.
About The Role
CrowdStrike is hiring a Software Engineer to join the Mobile Team working on CrowdStrike Falcon for iOS, one of CrowdStrike's sensors that provides Mobile Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR).
Our iOS engineers use Swift, mid- to low-level Operating System knowledge, and very high-quality standards to augment and improve our EDR capabilities, implement new features, and respond to customer requests.
We are looking for somebody who is keen to work with high-quality Swift code mixed with some mid- to low-level technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS, ARM assembly, etc. We look for (but do not require) candidates with strong/deep knowledge of operating systems concepts, and experience working on UNIX systems (especially macOS or iOS), working with networking protocols, writing system-level software, or reverse-engineering ARM64/x86-64.
As a Software Engineer, you will be expected to make significant contributions to the design and implementation of major development projects, and collaborate with others to implement features. You will work on stimulating problems born out of the scale of our deployment, and the stringent quality, performance, and security requirements of our sensors.
This is a remote-friendly position. Even if you decide to work in one of our offices, we are located across the globe. We therefore expect you to be comfortable working in distributed teams, and to have excellent communication skills.
About The Product
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product.
One component is a “sensor”, installed on client devices that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The sensor processes thousands of events per second to provide deep visibility into operations on the endpoint, and performs rich correlation and computation to identify malicious events and blocks malicious activity.
The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, correlates malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
- Provide key contribution on the sensor development team involved in architecture, in implementation, and improvements to our Mobile Endpoint Detection & Response Security Software.
- Develop features from design to delivery including participation in product demo at the end of the sprint.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams in various locations.
- Devise innovative solutions to hard performance or scale problems.
- Maintain the sensor up to date with the latest OS developments and patches.
What You'll Need
- Familiarity with core concepts of Operating Systems.
- Excellent OS-level knowledge of macOS or iOS.
- Strong experience with non-graphical Swift and C/C++ programming.
- Experience designing and producing very high-quality software.
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Able to lead & mentor, especially in a distributed team.
- Familiarity working with other UNIX systems.
- Familiarity with Objective-C.
- Familiarity with ARM64/X86-64 assembly.
- Familiarity with reverse-engineering.
- Familiarity with UEMs/EMMs/MDMs.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile process.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and technologies.
- Familiarity with Python and shell scripting.
Benefits Of Working At CrowdStrike
- Remote-friendly culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Wellness programs
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Open offices have stocked kitchens, coffee, soda and treats
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation