Dyson solves the problems others choose to ignore, developing disruptive technologies requiring ever more complex electronics to deliver an increasing product portfolio. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Global Electronics Hardware in RDD are at the core of electronics development & product delivery, and as the company has grown and diversified an opportunity has opened for a motivated and experienced Lead PCB engineer to join the busy PCB Engineering Group.
About the Role
Reporting to the UK PCB Manager, you will be part of a busy team and design work will encompass everything from early conceptual prototypes to mass production design. It’s a demanding role and the successful candidate will be an experienced and motivated design engineer, with a proven track record creating robust, reliable high-quality designs; accurately, consistently, on time, every time.
- PCB Design encompassing the skills & experience requirements listed below
- Ensure PCBA designs are engineered as a part of the overall product, identifying best technologies and practices to suit project requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Collaborate with project teams to help generate a specification for each design.
- Identify PCB engineering problems and take initiative to generate solutions through a methodical and structured approach, providing technical guidance to others as required.
- Challenge & develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve technologies, design/product quality & delivery
- Consistently apply, and drive adoption of BiC (best-in-class) design principles
- Provide PCB technical support to reviews and meetings as required
- Proactive support to DfX and CAD optimisation teams
- Technical leading for specific projects
- Promote consistent working practices & process adherence as part of a global team approach
- Act as a role model and provide technical leadership & support
- Mentoring & coaching others when required
- HNC/HND Engineering or equivalent as a minimum
- BEng degree in Electronic Engineering, or other relevant discipline, with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in a relevant industry, desirable
- PCB technologies include single sided, double sided & multilayer, Flex technologies, and HDI
- Circuit technologies include high power density, analogue, digital, RF, High Speed & PSU’s
- Design for high volume, applying an embedded DFM approach & principles
- Design for Mains potential voltage, ensuring design compliance to safety requirements
- Current carrying up to 40A, thermal management and power density
- Design for EMC
- Constraint management & schematics
- Demonstrable high level of CAD experience and proficiency. Ideally, (but not essential): Siemens EDA (Mentor) Xpedition Enterprise tools / Valor
- Understanding of Product Life Management (PLM) systems
- Working to tight timescales
- Understanding of electronics product design in terms of process and quality
- Good familiarity with PCB/PCBA manufacturing processes
- CAD: Hyperlynx or Flotherm / Knowledge of EDM
- Ability to drive PCB design quality within a multi-functional project team
- Working knowledge of relevant IPC standards
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Methodical & organised approach with attention to detail & accuracy
- Self-motivated, with a strong focus on results
- Ability to work independently or as an effective team member.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to cope with time pressures
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
- Electrical vehicle lease scheme options