About NIO Inc.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer and a leading manufacturer of premium smart electric vehicles in China. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, develops, jointly manufactures and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in autonomous driving, digital technologies, electric powertrains and batteries. NIO differentiates itself through its continuous technological breakthroughs and innovations, such as its industry-leading battery swapping technologies, Battery as a Service, or BaaS, as well as its proprietary autonomous driving technologies and Autonomous Driving as a Service, or ADaaS
Motion Control Expert (Steering) (m/f/x)
The NIO Motion Control Team is responsible for defining Chassis and powertrain domain functions and in-house SW development across NIO’s mass-produced fleet of Luxury, Intelligent, Autonomous Vehicles.
Collaborating closely with all internal and external teams, organizations and agencies around the globe, the NIO Motion Control Team ‘s mission is to develop functions beyond user’s expectations with high efficiency, low cost and absolute safety.
· Serve as the technical expert lead to the design and implementation of Motion Control
(mostly steering control) algorithms
· Understand existing Motion Control system’s architecture, and the interface between the
powertrain motor control and vehicle motion control.
· Develop new and improve upon existing motion control features (mainly the lateral
control, rear wheel steering control, steering angle control, and etc), including potential
· Develop interaction functions between motion control and Autonomous driving, including
· Expert support of the advanced calibration and validation activities and the interactions of
algorithm, calibration, and validation teams
· Develop calibration strategy and calibrate newly developed algorithms.
· Validate newly developed algorithms using a variety of test methods – open loop
simulation, co-sim, HIL, Vehicle…, to support development iterations at system level.
· Support Calibration and Vehicle Performance Integration teams to define motion related
experience for vehicle performance integration.
· Expert guidance to the documentation of Motion Control algorithms
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or related technical
· Several years in algorithm development for vehicle motion related control systems.
Experience in leadership roles at tier one steering control suppliers is strongly preferred.
· Experience in Vehicle dynamics, Control systems, Embedded programming, Automotive production development process.
· Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow, C, or similar programming tools.
· GIT, Jira, or similar version control tools and issue tracking tools.
· INCA, or similar measurement and post-processing tools used in vehicles.
· Carsim, or similar simulation tools and HIL environment.
· Experience in driving company-level initiatives, such as building generic platforms and
establishing common standards.
· Experience working cross functionally with other teams such as Systems is desired.
· Problem solving and teamwork skills.
If you're excited about this job and the NIO brand, we're looking forward to seeing your application (please provide your CV in English to email@example.com).
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, come join us.