Our client are a leading European mid-market private equity investor, who've recently raised a new fund and are thus looking to expand their team at the Investment Manager level. This team has a generalist sector focus and invests across the European geography, with a strong focus on building local relationships. They take an operationally driven approach to PE, often implementing buy & build strategies, and give their entire team significant responsibility due to their lean team structure of <20 investment professionals. They're specifically looking for a UK focused individual with extensive experience across the UK mid-market to help further their activity in this region.
- Unrivalled levels of responsibility across the investment lifecycle, whilst working with the support and mentorship of a global platform.
- Exposure to all aspects of the investment process through supporting, and eventually leading, the evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and financing of transactions.
- Opportunities to take a lead role in deal/portfolio teams of 3-4 people.
- Significant exposure to defining portfolio company strategy, assisting the management team with implementation, and managing the day to day relationship with portfolio C-level management.
- Strong brand presence and a well-respected leadership team.
- 5-7 years of total professional experience, with at least 2 years of previous PE investment experience to go with initial training likely conducted in Investment Banking, Consulting or Big 4 corporate finance.
- Our client will also consider candidates joining from an MBA background.
- A demonstrable knowledge of the workings on a private equity deal process, likely gained through multiple closed PE deals.
- Strong financial modelling skills, coupled with strong commercial judgement.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to work in a hands-on environment.
- Comfort operating with a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Down to earth and humble personalities, who are also enthusiastic and determined.
- University degree, likely gained a reputable global institution.
- Our client are unfortunately unable to sponsor VISAs.