As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we’re driving change and innovation in the industry – championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you’re talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you’re exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Overview: Our global Group Audit function is business-focussed, risk-based and operates with openness, integrity and responsibility. Our profile in Deutsche Bank is high, and our top priority is to grow our team globally enabling us to deliver against the objectives of the bank. This is a team where your ideas will make a rapid impact, and your achievements will never go unrecognised as we continue to strengthen our industry-leading audit methodology and state-of-the-art in-house audit system. We are a team of over 500 Business and IT Audit specialists, operating from New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 25 other countries across the globe. Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate, network and share knowledge with intelligent colleagues and specialists around the world.
Our vision is to be a strategic challenger to senior management. We believe in the partnership model, focussed on evolving our role as an independent, fair and fully effective function. Challenging and improving operating models for non-financial risk management. We adhere to ‘The Three Lines of Defence’ programme, designed to strengthen our internal controls framework across the whole bank, while managing increasing regulatory expectations. It forms a central part of our commitment for cultural change. Group Audit is the third line of defence assuring the effectiveness of our controls. As part of group audit, you will be expected to be a flexible team player as well as having excellent communication and coordination capabilities as this role involves working closely with different levels of GA staff and teams, globally.
· Performing design and operating effectiveness testing of key controls to mitigate risks which are identified in findings, documenting test results in the Audit Work Paper management tool, in accordance with Group Audit Methodology
· Finding tracking and stakeholder negotiations for findings in the responsibility of the Validation Team
· Supporting in the planning and execution of audits in various audit teams, evaluating adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of key controls
· Completing work assignments within agreed deadlines and timely escalation of challenges
· Fostering open dialogue and communication with colleagues across different locations within the global Audit Team and partnering in providing subject matter expertise when necessary to other Audit teams responsible for relevant underlying business process controls
· Proactively developing and maintaining professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and acting as a natural role model
Skills and qualifications:
· Communication skills and confidence managing projects
· Demonstration of self-motivation and innovation, efficiency and able to engage stakeholders effectively under pressure
· Creative, tenacious and delivery-oriented
· Wholesale banking knowledge or equivalent experience and thorough understanding of the IIA standards
· Strong analytical competency with appreciation of risks, regulatory requirements and controls
· generically and specifically to banking
· Experience in the use of standard IT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Confidence, drive and enthusiasm, coupled with a positive attitude
· A high level of personal integrity, as the role may require the handling and management of information
related to sensitive (such as personnel related) or business confidential topics
· Strong English communication skills both oral and written, German would be beneficial
· Educated to Bachelor’s degree level and/or equivalent qualifications
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer. We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Please visit https://www.db.com/cr/en/our-people/diversity--management.htm to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.