Project Application Engineer
NES Fircroft are continuingly developing in the renewable energy sector; we have been fortunate enough to partner with some outstanding companies and organisations over the years. I am delighted to announce another partnership and opportunity with a leading energy partner.
• Compliance with relevant Electric quality assurance, Health Safety and Environmental standards and policies. and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
• Compliance with applicable Cybersecurity requirements and policies and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
• Compliance with applicable project delivery process and procedures forming part of the quality management system.
• Compliance with applicable statutory Law, standards, & regulations and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
• Ability to take responsibility for the technical delivery of smaller technical applications unsupervised.
• Ability to understand the structure and operation of complex engineering hardware and software systems. Apply theoretical knowledge to achieve specified system requirements under supervision.
• Design and specification of hardware/software/electrical/electronic and system requirements, including preparation of drawings/documentation.
• Ability to perform software configuration and programming.
• Liaison with other business areas required to support the engineering team in its delivery function.
• Provide engineering support to assist other business areas achieve their goals.
• Configuration and testing of Schneider Electric/Aveva and other third-party software.
• Participation in structured testing of systems both internal and with Client/Third parties
• Installation and commissioning of hardware and software systems and supervision of installation by others.
• Preparation and presentation of training courses.
• Preparation of system documentation, including functional specifications, test documents and system support manuals.
• Take responsibility for the mentoring of junior engineers to develop their professional skills and to deliver technical solutions as described above.
• Provide and deliver technical solutions to time, quality, and budget. This will be done under supervision for larger technical applications and unsupervised for smaller technical applications.
• Identify project risks and opportunities.
• Take the lead role in the provision of small technical solutions in line with project requirements to time, quality, and budget.
• Ensure the Project Manager/Engineering Team Leader are kept informed of progress and issues.
• Under supervision, support the bid team in the production of quotations providing input for execution planning and delivery estimates.
• Provide support to the service team to assist with the timely resolution of customer issues.
• Actively seek to promote the company and seek commercial opportunities.
A leading energy company with a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
You must have ...
- proven experience in some of the following areas: SCADA (Aveva/Wonderware), telemetry, computer networking, software engineering, low voltage electrical design, digital communications, industrial control systems including PLCs (Modicon) Safety Systems (Triconex) and DCS (Foxboro), systems testing and Cloud Computing.
- Competent in the use and configuration of common operating systems and standard office software packages.
- Ability to work in a project environment, working under the direction of the Engineering Team Leader for technical solution delivery. In addition, work with and mentor others in a team to meet the defined cost, quality, and time goals as governed by the Project Manager.
- Ability to identify and report project risks and opportunities.
- Ability to work in a home (remote), office or site industrial environment.
- Ability to work on-site in the UK and overseas, sometimes for extended periods.
- Proven track record in mentoring subordinate engineers.
- Have experience of full project lifecycle.
• Basic project commercial and financial knowledge to include understanding of:
• Basic understanding of key contractual aspects for project delivery including:
- Change management
- Terms and conditions