We are super excited about our newly created Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence. This department was created to help us transform the business and the way we interact with our customers and clients.
Data will be at the heart of our business agenda and your role will be key in helping us delivery our new estate while also working with our existing teams.
You will be working on greenfield projects and using the latest Big Data technology. Come and be part of something amazing!
RPA Engineer Responsibilities
- Engage effectively with business SMEs and other stakeholders to understand business requirements and work on the technical design of RPA solutions
- Understand user requirements to design, build, test and monitor Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions
- Design appropriate SLAs/OLAs and ensure the ongoing operation of the RPA platform meets the SLAs/OLAs. Identify ways to improve costs, efficiency and quality
- Design, build and maintain logging, monitoring and alert architecture for RPA products
- Create excellent process, design, training and support documentation
- Promote and implement automation thinking and best practices at scale
- Manage automation infrastructure, costs and continuously deliver improvements in uptime, efficiency and performance
- Strive for operational excellence in all areas, including project management, data quality, and system reliability
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Engineers, Architects, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Analysts to understand their requirements and deliver on those needs
- Be involved in the technical strategy across the business process automation estate
- Influence and adhere to the data engineering team standard methodology and principles
- Build, test, and maintain the business process automation estate and share ownership of the automation roadmap
- Work proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce delivery risks for projects & BAU.
- Stay ahead of new technologies and trends to ensure that systems are futureproofed and scalable
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders to understand their requirements
What We Look For In An RPA Engineer
- Deep understanding of integrations, APIs, webhooks and authorization/authentication patterns
- Knowledge of enterprise message brokering platforms (like Azure Service Bus), event routing services (like Azure Event Grid) and real-time data ingestion services (like Azure Event Hubs)
- Proven experience of working with event-based architecture and creating event-based RPA solutions
- Knowledge of working with JSON, XML, parquet, Delta, SQL and NoSQL data sources
- Solid understanding of application monitoring, logging and debugging tools, such as Application Insights, Azure Monitor and Log Analytics
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Power Platform is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile, CI/CD, DevOps and Version Control
- Experience of the full product lifecycle, including the creation of automation products, with a high demonstrable focus on reusability, stability, scalability, value, and performance
- Proven experience collaborating in and with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven experience in providing support to RPA solutions and internal consumers
- Curious, proactive, and a self-learner who is able to quickly pick-up new tools/concepts and has a can-do mentality
- Excellent internal & external customer service skills
- A delivery and results oriented mindset, with a hands-on attitude, with a vision for the long-term implications of short to intermediate term decisions
- Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan, along with the ability to adapt to the circumstances on the ground that may have a level of uncertainty and risk
- Experience working in autonomous teams and organizations that repeatedly deliver results
- Exceptional communication skills and can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for business partners
What Animal Friends is all about!
Animal Friends has grown to become not only an award-winning business but one of the largest pet insurance providers in the UK, looking after over 1 million pets and offering cover for cats, dogs and horses.
A large part of our success is due to our company values which are the foundation of how we work, we are courageous by continually looking for new ways to innovate our customers experience and the pet insurance industry. We are kind-hearted with animal welfare being important to us, we donate and support over 300 charities across the UK and worldwide, to date, we have donated over £6.6 million. And we are passionate about the support we provide to our customers helping them care for their pets.
Benefits Of Working With Animal Friends
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays and we give you your birthday off
- 95% of our employee’s own pets, we’re able to provide up to 50% off insurance along with free access to our Vet consultation app JOII
- We believe looking after employees’ health is important, so we offer discount on gym membership, access to a Wellbeing hub, a health care cash plan and private medical insurance
- We like to celebrate success and recognise excellent employee performance; we will donate £3k to the charity of our employee of the quarter’s choice
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a courageous, passionate and kind-hearted team