We are looking for a very experienced Laravel PHP engineer to help us continue shape the future of dentistry. We are revolutionising dentistry away from the 90s tech straight to the cutting edge solutions of tomorrow. This is a challenging and rewarding experience, with full exploration freedom which requires great engineering minds from both computer science and dentistry.
You will be working on unique and most advanced solutions in the industry: AI medical notes assistant and clinic management software to make dentists’ jobs faster, safer and smarter.
We are an engineering-oriented team (including the client and management). We impress any market we work within. We built Uber for buses, we created award-winning designs which make dentistry sexy, and explored the world of e-commerce. Our portfolio also contains a lot of different industry-disrupting projects (software, hardware or physical services).
The ideal team member:
- Loves to learn by doing and ready to go the extra mile to expand their skills - you can expect the same attitude from us as well. We are here to explore together.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Years of industry experience using PHP frameworks like Laravel, Symphony
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable and optimised application from data structures and algorithms to design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and databases
- Comfortable with server setups / DevOps
- Has an engineering mindset and always tries to understand how things work under the hood
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined and thus works well in a flat hierarchy with lots of freedom
- Loves to have creative freedom, make independent judgments and live up to the responsibility that comes with that freedom
- Bonus we would appreciate: has lead the team before; or involved in whole life-cycle of the project; or ability to convert business requirement into full-stack requirement; or full-stack engineer
What you are going to be doing:
- Further develop existing and architect future features using PHP Laravel on Apache Server with mySQL (e.g. endpoints for client-side application)
- Work with custom medical knowledge base of interconnected data points to extend, process, transform, optimise, and utilise in a variety of use cases
- Work with custom developed medical suggestions engine to bring new types of suggestions, or extend and optimise graph search algorithms
- Optimise existing solutions in term of data access, storage, and processing
- Work with existing external APIs such as Stripe, SendGrid and others
- Develop DevOps solution and perform deployments
- Help to find insight into user base analytics and medical data
- Advocate best practices and decision making in development
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Fully remote collaboration
- Perfect place to learn and explore with absolute freedom
- Flexible start of the day
- Accepting initiative, always welcome new ideas
- Engineering-oriented and friendly team
- Opportunity to take part in many different kind of projects or business processes