We're hiring a Senior Internal Auditor to execute a programme of Internal Audit work, ensuring objectives of each audit are achieved and that the audit work complies with Group Internal Audit's (GIA) methodology and quality standards.
- Conduct internal audit work on a variety of audit assignments as determined by the annual Audit Plan.
- Produce high quality audit work that is delivered on time and complies with GIA methodology and quality standards.
- Execute audits efficiently and escalate issues of concern early to the SAM/HoA/Practices team such that any replanning can be achieved without significant disruption to the objectives/timeliness of the audit.
- Complete data analytics with diligence, assessing data quality and following agreed procedures around use and disposal of data.
- Produce clear workpapers and other written outputs; communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and business management.
- Maintain good working relationships with audit stakeholders.
- Operate as part of an effective team and contribute proactively to the efficient performance of GIA through engagement in team administration and development of the function.
- Take responsibility for developing his/her own professional knowledge, skills and subject matter expertise to support capabilities expected of a leading audit function.
- Ensure that the principles of treating customers fairly (TCF) are embedded into management practices, so that identified risks recognise relevant TCF outcomes, and business processes and internal controls are structured and performed in a way that effectively delivers the required TCF outcome
- Professional auditing, accounting or actuarial qualification (CIIA, ACA, ACCA,
- Internal Audit Standards, Financial Services Code and broader principles and practices.
- GIA internal audit methodology
- Risk management principles and practices including Conduct and Prudential Regulatory Risk.
- Corporate Governance practices and frameworks.
- Use of data analysis tools including Excel and Tableau.
- Subject matter expertise to support areas of audit delivery desirable – for example accountancy/actuarial, product, business process, or markets
- Valuable experience includes delivery of internal audit and/or external audit and/ or experience of working within a business function.