NOTE: This position can be filled anywhere in the US or UK.
We Are Charging Up 5G and Driving Meaningful Transformation
To empower our customers, MATRIXX is creating new ways to unlock value by delivering the industry's best monetization solution. Powered by our cloud native Digital Commerce Platform, service providers can take advantage of new commercial, customer and operational opportunities, transforming their businesses along the way. Empowered by our team’s unyielding commitment and relentless drive, we are building a global army of raving fans helping us transform the industry. With a culture that values people as the essential foundation of our success, we are committed to working together to charge up 5G.
Senior Accountant (International)
We are looking for a Senior Accountant (Internsational) to work remotely withing the US or UK. This position will be reporting to the International Accounting Manager based in the US, we are seeking a Senior Accountant whose primary function relates to international operations (in UK, Australia, New Zealand, Philippine, Malaysia, UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Ireland, Netherlands and Spain, etc.). This position will be responsible for core accounting functions including:
1) monthly and annual accounting close and reporting for international entities,
2) international statutory audit and compliance filings, and
3) international entity payroll, and employee expense review and payment process.
Additional responsibilities may include, preparation of key management reporting packages, consolidated level account reconciliations/flux analysis and audit support, other month-end duties and ad-hoc projects.
A successful candidate will ensure that the books are closed timely and accurately each month and will help drive key improvements to the MATRIXX internal control processes. Ad-hoc projects will include, technical accounting research, developing and updating accounting procedures and policies to streamline and improve Finance infrastructure.
The candidate must have strong organization and communication skills, the ability to work well within and across the functions and must have attention to details. The Finance team at MATRIXX values a strong, team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. Key business partners include the outsourced payroll and compliance service provider based in the UK, the MATRIXX Legal and Human Resources.
What You Will do (Responsibilities):
• Month End Close:
Lead accurate and timely monthly close to ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and local statutory requirements.
Follow and deliver monthly/quarterly close process/deliverables and work collaboratively with team.
Prepare and support monthly world-wide close package
Ensure monthly accuracy of international transfer pricing calculation in accordance to intercompany service agreement and timely settlement of intercompany invoices
Other duties to include recording international funding wires, bank reconciliation, Paid Time Off liability calculations, fixed assets, prepaids and accruals, etc.
• Payroll: Work closely with outsourced service provider to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance of monthly payroll process for international entities
• Statutory Audit: Assist international statutory audit and compliance to ensure all filings are complete, accurate and filed timely
• Expense Reports: Managing international employee expense reports for accuracy to ensure compliance with Matrixx Travel and Entertainment policy, and manage timely payment process for 3rd party vendors and employee expense reports
• Other: Drive business process improvements and initiatives; brings best practice to accounting function such as creating and updating corporate accounting policy/methodology & desktop procedure.
What You will Bring / Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Strong professional experience and expertise in private accounting; international accounting and multi-currency experiences are required
• Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and international accounting and consolidation (ASC-830 aka FAS-52).
• Strong experience with major ERP system such as NetSuite (preferred), Oracle or SAP
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
• Experience must include month-end closes
• Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills; ability to influence outcomes
• Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management, functions and geographies.
• Experience managing global, large scale processes and comfortable working in a start-up, fast pace environment requiring multi-tasking skills.
• Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, sumif, etc.)
What you will experience:
• Helping us deliver on our north star
• Making an impact, innovating, and disrupting an industry.
• Working on complex and challenging problems.
• Collaborating and learning from exceptional peers and leaders around the world
• Contributing to making our customers into raving fans
• Being part of a culture that thrives on open communication, transparency, and succeeding together
• Being valued and rewarded