ABOUT THE ROLE:
Marionete is seeking the talents of a seasoned professional with deep experience in Microservices Development.
Our project team are currently working on a Payments innovation programme on behalf of a leading tier one banking institution that is revolutionising the Payments landscape.
Are you a passionate Micro Services Development Consulting expert who has experience of providing services to financial institutions?
Do you have deep technical know-how and hands-on experience implementing various practices and tools and patterns of technology aligned to advanced payments and or transactional systems?
Are you able provide referenceable list of successful projects that have benefited your customer base?
Are you interested in promoting the best of breed open-source tooling, patterns of technology and to work one of the world’s largest banking brands?
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
As Microservices developer [permanent position] you will work with and lead from the front on behalf of Marionete brand. You will be part of a large team that will interact daily with other developer teams, architects, and engineering teams along with other project staff that oversees the quality of work and support projects to reach key milestones.
You will combine all of your understanding of both development & engineering, coding with your warm and engaging consulting style to enable a positive impact on the project from day one.
Microservices underpin Marionete’s architectural philosophy and are key to our deployment methodology. You would be joining an established team of technically adept individuals to work on challenging projects for some of the World’s best-known brands.
Assist in the development of secure and scalable automated solutions and provide hands-on technical development and engineering capability to support the implementation of brand-new Google Cloud Platform service and help deliver streamlined solutions that will solve complex problems. You develop robust code, participate in Agile sprint cycles and work towards implementing new microservices for this platform.
Approach the challenge with a problem-solving attitude and collaborative team spirit to identify technical debt/problems, potential improvements manage expectations and deliver outcomes sought by our leadership team.
- Developing Microservices based solutions
- Sound knowledge of design and development concepts for Microservices and API design
- Experience in Core Java
- Experience on some of the following patterns and design principles
- Event Sourcing, SEDA, CQRS, & Commit Log, Event Streaming,
- Aligned to Cloud Native
- Experience with Containerisation, Kubernetes, Docker and Nomad
Strong experience in:
- Design and Development of robust and quality code used in production
- Experience in delivering hybrid microservices solutions with Kafka, KStreams, TDD
- Cloud Native solutions on-prem, hybrid and multi-cloud, GCP, AWS, Azure
- Istio, Consul, Kong Mesh, gRPC, protobuf
Preferred experience in:
- Scala or Go
- Kong Gateway
- Computer Science background
- Certification or experience in Agile methodologies such as SaFe, Scrum and Pair
- Programming, Kanban, Xtreme
- GCP (preferably certified)
- Modern Data architectures patterns: Data Fabric, Mesh, Virtualisation, Federation, Unification, Distributed and Decentralised architectures
- Financial Services experience
WHAT MARIONETE OFFERS:
- A chance to become a member of the Marionete family: Marionete is a professional services firm that is differentiated by our deep technical skills and our tier-one client portfolio. We are successful because of the unique talent of our team!
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent position
- Benefits package, including health insurance and mental health support
- Financial support for ongoing training in disruptive technologies
- Relaxed dress code at the Marionete offices
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities in which to advance
- A flexible and hybrid work environment
- Interview process: 2 to 3 interviews and 1 tech test