The revolution won’t be televised. It will be streamed.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About The Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced and versatile Senior QA Engineer to test software (OS and Firmware) across our range of devices for new product releases. Working on your own initiative, your responsibilities will include:
- Formulating test strategies and design/write test cases for new features to ensure adequate test coverage is provided
- Modify existing test plans and test cases based on changes to the software
- Create automated test scripts in Python for functional/regression tests
- Able to handle one or more features/projects independently
- Represent the test status and QA concerns in meetings with cross functional teams
- Provide valuable feedback like end-user to improve the customer experience
- Test compatibility with HDMI/HDCP, Wi-Fi networks/routers and audio/video streaming file types
- Triaging and verifying defects, Alpha/Beta test and support tickets and their fixes
- Record all test results for each test suite and provide a high-level summary for areas tested
- Work closely with onsite and offshore team members, manage test assignments and review test/defect reports and triage them in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and able to create detailed bug repots
- 10% or less travel is required
We're excited if you have
As we continue to keep growing, we are looking to speak with Engineers of all levels of experience. But it is essential that you have if not all, at least some of the experience that's outlined below.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a QA engineer/Sr QA Engineer, writing and executing QA test plans/test cases
- 3+ years of experience working as part of a team of onsite/remote setup working on multiple releases
- Previous experience with audio/video streaming and usage of audio/video test equipment is strongly preferred
- Working with Smart/Digital TV (HDMI), Set-top Boxes, Wi-Fi (2.4Ghz & 5GHz)
- Experience with Linux base test automation, knowledge of Python scripting preferred
- Generating and presenting quantitative reports
- Detail oriented, analytical and committed to driving quality forward