We are a fast-growing Kubernetes product and professional services company that prides itself on helping startups and enterprises alike in their path to modern cloud-native infrastructure. Since early 2015, we have been partnering with companies to accelerate their cloud journey by building trusted, secure and scalable Kubernetes clusters that stand up in production.
Jetstack is the creator of a highly popular open-source project called cert-manager. Cert-manager is downloaded more than 2 million times a day. It is widely used to provision certificates to Kubernetes clusters, and in production with companies like Walmart, the Home Office and Autotrader.
Recently, Jetstack launched Jetstack Secure, a product built on top of cert-manager that enables enterprises to view and manage their machine identities across Cloud Native Kubernetes and OpenShift environments and build a detailed view of their security posture.
We are looking for a software engineer with strong security expertise to join our team and help us build products that our customers can trust and rely on. Working with our software development teams you will lead the security analysis, design and implementation, helping us to mitigate the most critical threats, both current and future. This is an exciting opportunity to work on both commercial products and open source software, and to help all our users to meet their Cloud Native security goals.
The points listed below are not all mandatory. We encourage you to apply if this role sounds interesting to you and you think you have something to contribute to Jetstack, even if you don’t meet all of the criteria.
We look for
- Experience with developing secure software, particularly in Golang, including architecture, design, threat modelling and all other aspects of secure software development
- An interest in building critical software that allows our customers to meet their security goals
- Familiarity with secure software development tools and techniques and the ability to advise on the best way to use them
- Familiarity with product development and the desire to build great B2B products
- A passion for learning and development, and a willingness to challenge ideas as well as listen to other points of view
- Ability to ‘think on your feet’ and react appropriately to challenges
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a desire to experiment and push for change
- Ability to communicate effectively with the engineering team, management, and other Jetstack teams
- Familiarity with Golang, Kubernetes, Git and Linux
- Experience working with a fully remote team
- Leading the architecture, design and implementation of secure software, taking in to account technical concerns and the needs of our customers
- Helping the rest of the team learn them the techniques of secure software development
- Staying up to date with the latest threats, techniques and technologies and advising us on how to react to them
- Contributing to the open source community
- Other software engineering responsibilities dictated by needs and priorities
- Working with others and helping everyone be successful. Sharing knowledge and advice, as well as learning from others
- Helping us build our security expertise and contributing to an inclusive and collaborative environment
As well as working with a great team on an exciting project we also offer a number of benefits, including:
- Conference leave entitlement
- Flexible working
- A laptop of your choice
- 28 days of holiday (not including UK public holidays)
- A generous pension scheme
- £1,000 Annual learning budget
- Private Medical and Dental