Do You Have an Emmy? Our Engineers Do.
Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About The Role
- The Roku Web Tools team is seeking experienced and versatile Sr. Software Engineers who will focus on front-end web architecture and development.
- If you consider yourself a full-stack web developer with a passionate for user experience and developing innovative solutions and UIs using modern web frameworks and paradigms, are self-driven, with a strong background in building large-scale consumer-facing websites, and are a natural born problem solver, who love taking on new challenges, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Determine the strategic and tactical direction of the front-end architecture and middle-ware services
- Code, test, document and deliver highly scalable and reliable platform services and components that create the foundation of the core web application platform with cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and search engine optimization
- Suggest tools, cloud-based technologies/services and best practices to improve the site stability, performance and quality
- Continually seeking ways to optimize and streamline Roku’s web application platform to facilitate a seamless implementation experience for our developers and partners
- Participate in an Agile development process, including scoping, technical design, estimation effort, coding, testing, debugging, code reviews, maintenance and support
- Software development of front-end web applications using test-driven development
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to achieve customer delight
- Designing and implementing front-end components
- Implement Frontend Best Practices
- Code Reviews
- CICD integration
- Inner sourcing Contribution
- On Call rotation
- Extensive experience in in software engineering
- At least 2-year experience with cloud computing & dockerization (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 2-year experience with CICD
- System Design experience is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in AWS/Python/Java SQL/No-SQL
- 4+ years of experience in open-source frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices