West Midlands Fire Service is one of the leading Fire Services in the country, and our primary role is to provide emergency fire cover and proactive prevention to the people within our community. Technology underpins many of the activities that we perform, which contribute to helping keep our communities safe. We are looking for an experienced SharePoint Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will work with a talented and experienced Microsoft 365 team, including other in-house developers, to scope out potential Microsoft 365 development with a focus on automating and integrating Microsoft Teams, Team Apps, SharePoint, and the Power Platform with the firm’s processes and systems across the business.
Responsibilities range from analysing requirements, solution design, effort estimations, build and test activities, as well as providing ongoing 3rd line support following implementation. Including below:
- Digital transformation includes the replacing of legacy systems using SharePoint.
- Taking ownership of projects and interacting with key stakeholders in the business. This includes reviewing processes and offering solutions to optimise work within the company.
- Administration and maintenance of current Modern and Classic SharePoint online solutions and in-house-built applications and automated flows.
- Experience with SharePoint and the Microsoft 365 security model, permissions management, and document management strategy.
- Some experience in Power BI Report/Dashboard development, with knowledge of best practices.
- Advanced level of understanding and use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Integrating the new Microsoft Viva platform into the organisation
- It is essential to have strong communication skills with a proven track record of understanding and analysing requirements as well as creating user documentation.