£50,000 - £60,000 + 10% Bonus + Benefits
As a software engineer you will be responsible for:
- Designing, building, testing, automating, and supporting integral infrastructure and application components across multiple platforms
- Deploying software and services through emerging DevOps tools such as Terraform.
Skills and experience
You will need to be able to demonstrate at least 4 of the areas from the following list:
- Some experience with cloud infrastructure services (in AWS, Azure or similar), including serverless technologies.
- Experience with containerisation and related technologies, including Docker, Nomad or Kubernetes.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and SVN.
- CI/CD pipelines, and automation (GitLab CI, Circle CI, Jenkins etc.).
- Quality assurance, performance testing and system monitoring tools.
- Some exposure to ‘Infrastructure as code’ (They use Terraform)
- Any AWS certifications would be a big plus.
The client uses the following technologies but are completely open for people to bring their own expertise to improve their engineering culture.
- AWS (Lambda, S3, IAM etc.)
- Infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform (with Terragrunt).
- Cloud services - HashiCorp (Vault, Consul, Nomad) and Kong
- Any experience of testing frameworks (Jest, Cypress, TestCafe, Webdriver.io)
- Introspection and observability tooling (Datadog)