At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Department
Cloudflare’s Engineering Team builds and runs the software that helps power 16 million Internet properties. We also build and run the internal tools that builds and runs our software. The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base. The operations team handles one of the world’s largest networks with data centers in 102 cities worldwide.
What You'll Do
- Work as part of a team that builds the Cloudflare cache and related functionality
- Create maintainable, performant and tested code
- Interface with products and other engineering teams
- Create functional specifications that capture your system design
- Leave code better than you found it
- Mentor team members.
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- 4+ years professional experience as a developer/engineer
- Solid grasp of how TCP and HTTP work
- Experience with Linux networking
- Ability to work in multiple programming languages (C, Lua or Python)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems a plus.