Will you be the Software Engineer in Test (Integration) who makes a difference? Join us as we create groundbreaking technology to help Britain get the care service it deserves. Competitive annual salary with generous bonus opportunities. Remote/work from home with occasional travel into branch.
The difference we can make together
Join us as we transform our technological offering, entering a period of exponential growth and opportunity – while keeping people at the heart of everything we do. First and foremost, Newcross Healthcare is here to make a difference to people’s lives and wellbeing, every day. We aim to become a world leading provider of healthcare services by building a platform to connect healthcare workers directly to those in need of care. Redefining work for nurses & carers by creating a joined up ecosystem and offering work that fits around their personal commitments and location, together with cutting-edge learning and development. Together we can help Britain get the care service it deserves.
The difference you can make as a Software Engineer in Test (Integration)
You are a passionate, multi-talented IT professional with a strong technological background, as well as a great propensity for creative problem solving. You can work as a team player and love to share knowledge. You have worked in an agile team before and understand how to deliver a slice of product increment.
- Design/Improve and implement the Test Automation Framework, which will be used for the automated tests suites, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing
- Be a champion in reviewing or implementing robust automated test scenarios, which effectively cover functional and non-functional requirements.
- Implement test tools, scripts, and utilities that help the teams work more effectively.
- Design and create stable and fast CI pipelines, that verify the code healthiness and apply CI/CD best practices.
- Support/Implement the deployment process of test environments and be able to debug them whilst being.
- Collaborate with Product management, Architecture, and Dev teams, and DevOps to ensure Test Automation best practices and code quality
- Manage code, environment, data, tools, and any other requirements for automation testing within any phase
The skills that make you different
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Software Engineer in Test.
- Experience in applying automation frameworks using some of the following tools: Xunit, Spock, Geb, Watir, Selenium, Cypress, Webdriver.io, Concordian, soapUI or similar
- Experience writing cross browser/device automation frameworks leveraging tools like Browserstack and/or Sauce Labs would be preferred
- Experience in testing and/or developing Web services (REST and/or SOAP)
- Experience in testing and/or developing UI applications
- A good appreciation of coding standards, design best practices and a keen desire to apply them
- Solid experience on CI/CD tools and practices (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, Circle CI, Gitlab CI)
- Being an ambassador of applying the test pyramid during Software Development Lifecycle