About the role:
Roku pioneered TV streaming and continues to innovate and lead the industry. The Roku Channel has us well-positioned to help shape the future of streaming. Continued success relies on investing in our software expertise. The role is based out of Manchester in our serviced offices in Central Manchester, and plays an integral part in growing our presence across New Product, and existing teams supporting Roku TV platform internationally.
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our New Products Team working on the Roku TV program. You will be responsible for the core tasks ranging from partner SOC board bring-up, third-party API integration, Roku OS feature development, code maintenance, design scalability solutions to help onboard new factories, supporting our QA and Channel certification teams and everything else involved in our end to end product development and release cycles. To succeed in this challenging role, the following expertise is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
We’re excited if you have:
• Excellent C/C++ coding skills (modern C++ exp. is a major plus!)
• Experience of developing/debugging on Linux based embedded platforms
• Good understanding of Linux kernel concepts, Multi-threading primitives, Linux tools, libraries and open source development
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant fields
• Excel working in a fast-paced engineering environment