Engineering Manager - Contract
Hiring for an Engineering Manager, my client is enhancing their programmes and redeveloping key services within their ecommerce suite on top of their data-driven platform. Providing international coverage of retail trends to huge numbers of customers, they have a wide variety of products within an all-encompassing application that enables interactions on a huge scale. Their exceptional technology teams create high-calibre software, index data and make useful content available for consumers and manufacturers alike.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to manage stakeholders whilst being responsible for technical decisions.
- Experience managing 15+ direct reports (including supporting Technical Leads)
- Demonstrable experience working for product driven companies ideally within ecommerce
- Strategy and business planning skills for attraction of top talent
- People development skills, recruitment and retainment expertise
- Strong design principles and project rollout experience.
- Exposure to AWS, Java/ Kotlin, JS/TS, React
- Ability to liaise with other Engineering Managers as well as UX, QA, Product and Delivery Managers
- An understanding of the Spotify model, Squads & Tribes