Who we are:
Alten, an engineering and technology consultancy, provides support for its clients in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems in over 30 countries. With it’s 40 000 engineers, Alten provides engineering support in Aerospace, Ground Transportation, Defence, Energy, IT, Life Science & Financial Services.
Due to ongoing expansion, Alten Ltd is looking for several Supply Quality Engineers to join our teams in Surrey within the Automotive sector. This is a fantastic chance to join a fast-growing company with strong core values of; Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Service.
Your new role:
As a Supply Quality Engineer you will be one of our quality consultants performing on one of our major engineering projects in the UK. You will also be contributing to our development and growth within the industry.
As a Supply Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and Implementing quality standards
- Conduct internal quality audits
- Investigating and troubleshooting product or production issues
- Developing corrective actions, solutions, and improvements
- Overseeing PPAP documentation
- Minimum of 2 years experience in quality control/assurance or inspection/manufacturing
- Knowledge and practical experience of using continuous improvement skills and problem-solving tools (8D, FMEA, SPC and MSA)
- Hands on approach to root cause analysis
- Background within a manufacturing environment highly desirable
- Knowledge of different quality standards ie ISO9001
Degree in a relevant engineering discipline with demonstrable experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary in line with level of experience
- A chance to work on the many of most exciting engineering projects and technologies
- Private Medical & Travel Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle-to-work Scheme among many additional benefits