As a Technical Support Agent at IOHK you will work on our Technical Service Desk diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware problems to help our customers install and use our applications. You will interact with a diverse growing global community of users across a portfolio of products, built around our third generation blockchain technologies.
As a Technical Support Agent you will be on the front line, providing support to our users over email. You will be working on technical incidents and service requests related to our products and how they work. You will be working with a service management tool, following internal procedures precisely and adhering to service level agreements (SLAs). You will be helping us maintain and update our knowledge base and continuously improve our processes and practices. You will be learning a lot about our software and technologies.
Reporting directly to the Technical Service Desk Team Lead, you will work with some of IOHK’s most strategic customers and be uniquely positioned to feed customer experiences and challenges back into the engineering, project management and marketing teams. Ultimately, you are the person our customers trust to resolve their issues when they need help the most.
- Provide prompt and accurate technical support to our users and customers
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Take ownership for and track incidents, problems and service requests from logging through to resolution and within agreed service levels
- Assist users in researching and identifying solutions and answers to technical software and hardware issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem, so it can be documented in an unambiguous manner.
- Guide customers through a series of actions via email, until the issue is solved
- Develop and maintain good relationships with our customers
- Prioritize and manage multiple tickets at one time
- Properly escalating unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. L2 support or development teams)
- Document support issues and contribute to our knowledge base in the form of articles, instructions, videos, FAQs etc.
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- You will display empathy and resourcefulness in interacting with customers and resolving their technical issues
- You will naturally have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- You will be able to communicate technical details effectively to people with various levels of technical skill and knowledge
- You are fluent in English, additional languages are beneficial
- You will take ownership of customer issues reported and follow problems through to resolution with the ability to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve requester issues
- You will follow standard procedures and using proper escalation for unresolved issues along with liaising as appropriate with internal teams to resolve issues and build our knowledge base
Education / Experience
- Completion of a relevant degree such as Computer Science or Software Engineering, would be beneficial
- At least 2-3 years of technical support experience (Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role)
- Experience working with service management tools (ZenDesk, ServiceNow, JIRA, Freshdesk or similar)
- Experience in supporting desktop and/or mobile platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse work environment with great follow through on tasks
- Ability to work independently, this position is 100% remote.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them to an audience with variable or limited technical competence
- We support a global client base so any languages in addition to English will be highly beneficial, in particular Japanese would stand out.
- Some experience in the blockchain/cryptocurrency industry is highly desirable
- Customer-focused approach, with consideration for data security, business needs, requirements and financial impact
- Desirable but not essential is an understanding of distributed computing environments, blockchain technologies, cryptocurrency principles and processes and software development and coding
Nice to have :
- Some knowledge/experience in programming and the software development lifecycle
- Some knowledge/experience of working in an ITIL-based environment (Incident/Problem/Change Management)
- Experience in training or mentoring users, or team mates
- Any technical certifications such as MCP, CCNA