Children’s Home Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a proven Registered Manager to run an established Children’s Home for this fantastic children’s care provider. This is a great opportunity to really take ownership of a children’s home.
We are working on behalf of this great company, who already have a great reputation for giving exceptional standards of care for Children. They care deeply about the future of the children within their services and want to continue to achieve outstanding results. As a company they focus on therapeutic care and support for the children.
This is a great opportunity and does require a Children’s Home Manager with proven Ofsted experience and running a team!! They would consider a very experienced Deputy Manager who is ready to step up!
The main responsibilities of the Children’s Home Manager include:
– To ensure that the Home meets the high standards set out by the company and strive for outstanding with Ofsted.
– Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children making sure care standards are of the highest quality.
– Responsible for the processing and response of all local authority referrals
– Arranges admissions of suitable young people to the Home at any time including weekends & evenings
– Ensuring that budgets are managed effectively and the use of finances is properly monitored.
– Recruitment and supervision of staff
– You must be able to communicate effectively with children and young people
– Ensure effective working relationships with all relevant Local Authority staff
– Managing a home and ensuring you provide effective support to all our children, developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
– Managing complex and challenging behaviour
The key skills and experience required for the Children’s Home Manager include:
– Hold a minimum qualification of RMA or QCF L4, Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young Peoples Service
– Previous experience in a managerial position within a children’s (SEMH) Ofsted registered residential setting
– Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others with experience supervising and managing staff
– Experience of working with external providers and professional bodies
– Passionate about providing quality care and support to young people who can display challenging behaviour
– Hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
-Attractive holiday entitlement
-Automatic pension scheme enrolment
-Discounted retail vouchers
-Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
-The chance to earn additional payments through our Refer a Friend scheme
Previously successful candidates have worked as a Registered Manager/ Deputy/ Home Manager within a Children’s Residential setting.
If you are interested in this Children’s Home manager role then please forward your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01628630104 to discuss things further.
“As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.”
Key words: Children’s home manager, deputy children home manager, Ofsted, Home Manager, Children, EBD, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Registered Manager, Registered Children’s Manager