Mid Thames (East Berkshire) and Buckinghamshire are looking for experienced couple and family counsellors to join our Relate team in 2020.
To meet increasing client demand and expanding contract work in Buckinghamshire and East Berkshire we are seeking to recruit experienced couple counsellors, psychosexual therapists and family counsellors who may have previously worked for Relate or trained elsewhere, and are available to work in one or more of our following locations in Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Maidenhead and Windsor.
Benefits of joining our Relate counselling team:
• Working for a nationally recognised, specialist service;
• Being part of a close-knit counselling team with a proven track record
• A dedicated appointments team who take calls and make appointments for all our counsellors 6 days a week;
• Free high quality one to one clinical supervision each month;
• Free monthly group supervision for peer support and to share good practice with other experienced practitioners;
• Opportunities to expand relationship work and support couples and families living with cancer (contract) and IAPT Couple Therapy for Depression opportunities;
• A range of tailored CPD courses run specifically for our counsellors;
• Free access to a national practice helpline for consultation on practice issues;
• Full professional indemnity cover.
Pay: £16.24 per hour
Hours: a minimum of 6 hours per week (to include at least one evening)
Locations: Venues to be arranged with suitable counsellors.
Qualifications: Experienced counsellors can begin to work for Relate without additional training if their qualifications meet the Relate Assessment of Prior Experience & Learning (APEL) requirements. To be considered for the APEL scheme you must have more than 5 years counselling experience and either experience of working with couples or a qualification which equips you to do so. If you have no couple counselling experience you may still be able to apply but you will need to undertake some additional training.
Relate Mid Thames and Bucks operates across Buckinghamshire and East Berkshire (Windsor, Maidenhead and Slough area) providing relationship counselling, psychosexual therapy, education, family counselling, and IAPT couple therapy for depression. We employ up to 30 practitioners providing over 4,000 sessions each year, supported by admin teams based in Maidenhead and Aylesbury.