Engineer (FME)/Project Engineer
REQUISITION NUMBER: TUKR-UKNXG02361402
Language: full working proficiency in English
Reporting: Field Maintenance Engineering Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Field
Maintenance Engineer/Project Engineer based at our London locations.
In this role, you would be responsible for support day-to-day depot operations by resolving Production issues and fitness to run decisions. Also, identify and implement safe, cost effective, containment and countermeasures to identified product safety and reliability issues; managed by the utilization of standard Project Management principles. The Field Maintenance Engineer will also be in charge of undertake work streams to improve the product and deliver customer Variation Orders to improve the margin of the contract.
· Identify and implement safe, cost effective, containment and countermeasures to
· identified product safety issues and track them through from accurate reporting of safety issues to on time implementation of countermeasures.
· Develop and deliver engineering change to improve fleet/system reliability performance, reduce cost of maintenance & deliver customer variation solutions. (change management, planning and opportunities management,
· Support the depot to resolve operational issues and arbitrate fitness to run decisions. Planning and delivery readiness (incl. BoM’s, work instructions & configuration) for planned maintenance activities, as defined by the Vehicle Maintenance Schedule
· Support the Project Reliability Board to implement containment and countermeasures on identified key reliability failure modes.
· Lead improvement projects to reduce train maintenance and operation costs, whilst ensuring that the specified fleet maintenance regime is certificated, adhered to, and complies with all relevant legislation, and associated limitations are effectively managed through controls such as concessions
· Implement customer variation orders, train presentation / customer ambience improvements as well as identification and follow through of Risk and opportunity management to improve Safety, Reliability & Profitability of the trains.
· Incident Root cause analysis and performance attribution IAW The railway group standards i.e. ‘The Rule Book’.
· Support day-to-day depot operations teams in resolving arising fleet issues – this could include the requirement to undertake out of hours on-call / night shift duties as part of a roster.
Your EXPERIENCE AND Qualifications
· Degree level/HNC/HND in an engineering related subject.
· Achieved or working towards Degree or Higher Certificate in engineering/technical discipline.
· Experience in fleet maintenance or asset management environment.
· Experience in organization and project planning/ management skills, governance, and execution.
· Strong engineering knowledge of traction and rolling stock systems, and traction and rolling stock maintenance policies and practices.
· Understanding of key engineering processes (ex: risk assessments, FMECA…) and standards.
· Problem-solving abilities and practical experience of root cause analysis techniques.
· The role drives for change, the prospective employee should be reasonably autonomous in leading cross-functional projects and flexible to changing needs of the business.
· Computer literate (MS Windows + Office, Maximo, SAP).
Other Qualifications / Experience
· Experience in delivering rail vehicle engineering change, including risk assessments and approvals.
· Knowledge of rail industry legislation and safety case obligations.
· Relevant engineering experience in similar industries (i.e.: public transportation) with some management responsibilities.
· Demonstrable use of engineering knowledge, problem-solving skills, standard project management techniques and awareness of standards and the constraints of the delivery organisation to support, justify and manage changes.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• You will work together with an highly experienced, ambitious and devoted team;
• You will have a chance to work in a big growing international company.