Operations and/or engineering background
Plastics Polymer manufacturer
Based in Hampshire
Job ref: CST/52003
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Part of a global network of companies manufacturing thermoplastic polymer compounds from sites around the world. Proud of its recent successes which include organic business growth, new acquisitions and factory start-ups, the group is well positioned for the future. To support the development of its UK subsidiary, there is a requirement for a leader with strong operations and engineering experience.
Take responsibility for the operational leadership of the UK subsidiary of a plastics manufacturer with a turnover of c£50M and c50 employees.
· Direct responsibility for the PL overseeing its development of the UK subsidiary and its results performance
· Budgeting, profitability planning, forecasting and reporting to the European board of directors
· Leadership/motivation/development of the management team and all site personnel; inspiring the workforce into achieving the business goals of the UK entity
· Setting a positive example of good leadership, ensuring the workforce are motivated and happy in their roles
· Continued development of the production, engineering, logistics and sales administration functions to collaborate with the European business model and market dynamics
· Working with operations to make sure the factory remains on track and receives any investment it requires to ensure it can meet customer expectations
· Ensuring UK plant is running ‘stable operations’ and is benefitting from best practice within the Group working towards operational excellence
· Close interaction with the European management team to ensure UK objectives, culture and processes are well aligned with group expectations
· Oversee all activities that relate to the UK market. Sales and technical functions (in terms of new developments) report into a functional head based in Europe.
· Ensure any external environmental factors that can affect the UK entity are well evaluated in terms of challenges and the opportunities are maximized.
· Being a senior point of contact for key UK customers as required
The following management team report to the post holder
- Business Administration
· Experienced and collaborative leader who has gravitas and inspirational qualities
· Operations/engineering bias keen to take the UK subsidiary forward.
· Capable of developing and leading the business in line with market demands.
· Senior operations professional with the skills and ambitions to move into a GM role.
· Proven operations background with professional experience from a dynamic manufacturing environment
· Strong leadership skills to motivate the workforce.
· Financial acumen necessary to deliver against this type of role
· Degree and/or MBA in technology qualification (e.g. mechanical engineering)
· Collaborative management style; getting the team engaged
· Conceptual and analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Discipline, accuracy and business acumen
· Co-operative and determined, including strong negotiation skills
· Strong leadership skills, with the gravitas and the drive to inspire and motivate
· Positive attitude and spirit
· Effective and rigorous approach to problem solving
· Taking a holistic approach and capable of making effective decisions
· Challenges status quo adopting an improvement oriented approach
· Be a positive example of company principles
· Strong and robust character
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Göteborg,
Lyon, Milan, Shanghai, and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – RECYCLING
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Role: General Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: , ,
Apply for this job now.
General Manager, null
Company: ApplyGateway Premium
Published on Sunday 28th of February 2021