Purpose of the role
As an integral member of the Production and Supply Chain team you will play a key role in rapidly chilling and preparing product for despatch to our customers and other sites around the country.
Due to the nature of the role you will be working in a chilled, temperature controlled environment. Warm clothing/PPE is provided for the role.
Depending on your department, the key responsibilities will include:
• Achieving agreed quality standards relating to temperature, grading & wrapping.
• Minimising down time of equipment through correct set up and changeovers of the lines.
• Performing safety start up checks for machinery and your work area.
• Manual handling, lifting equipment and products up to 20kg products.
• You will adhere to health and safety at all times and follow all task in line with food safety rules.
What we are looking for:
• Functional skills in English and Maths.
• The ability to work well within a team and communicate with all levels of staff.
• Good attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
Due to seasonal demand for products flexibility will be required to adapt when production schedules require overtime or additional working.
Experience within a production/warehousing setting, showing an understanding of a fast moving process is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.