Job Description :
You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, with expertise in systems integration; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments.
· Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities
· Feature design and testing to meet program objective
· Test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
· Provide detailed part design and product documentation
· Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
· Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
· Provide cross-functional program integration support to ensure team success
· Apply technical expertise to problem solving throughout product lifecycle
· Create documentation and specifications suitable for prototyping, quoting and production.
· Work with contract manufacturing partners through the design-for-manufacturing process and engineering verification stages required to move the product from prototype to production.
· Support our manufacturing partners by working on-site with their overseas design and manufacturing teams.
Basic Qualifications :
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of experience, consumer/handheld product development
· 5+ years of experience in product validation (Shock/Drop, Cycle Testing, Environmental Testing)
· Experience with 3D CAD skills, Creo
· Experience creating surface model and top-down design architecture
· Knowledge of Tolerance Analysis and Statistical Process Control (Cp, CpK)
Preferred Qualifications :
· Master's degree
· Demonstrated knowledge of tooling and materials process validation (SPC, Cp, CpK)
· Demonstrated design experience with high volume/high finish consumer electronics enclosure materials
· Experience designing plastic, die cast, extruded, and machined parts.
· Demonstrated design experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
· Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
· Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
· Proficiency with Design for Cost and Design for Manufacture for consumer products
· Strong analytical skills
Sr. Product Design Engineer, England
Published on Sunday 28th of February 2021