We have an exciting opportunity available for a Support Engineer to join us based at our HQ in Southampton however our focus is on achieving outcomes rather than location, so we are open to hybrid working; where there will be a split between home and office working. You will join us on a full time, permanentbasis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,414 - £40,698 per annum .
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Support Engineer :
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37-hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the Support Engineer role:
This role is in the Business and Fulfilment Services support team within the Technology and Design group. We support a diverse range of systems built on an equally diverse range of technologies – Linux, Windows, Oracle, Azure, SAP, Dynamics, Python, C#, to name but a few.
Part of this role will be to assist with the ongoing support of the existing system. In addition to engaging closely with a large programme of work that will be replacing our existing SAP estate over the next year to 18 months; to understand the new Microsoft cloud-based technologies being developed (in Azure and Dynamics Finance for Operations) and to help shape their transition from development to active operational support.
This role, therefore, provides a fantastic opportunity to be involved with some cutting-edge Microsoft cloud-based technologies that will become key Ordnance Survey systems of the future.
What we’re looking for in our ideal Support Engineer :
- Experience of Microsoft Azure (e.g. API Management, Azure Service Bus) and Dynamics 365 (especially FinOps)
- Ability to identify and implement support process improvements
- Experience of investigating failures and finding solutions
- Ability to provide technical knowledge to stakeholders
- Experience of supporting performance, configuration, and functionality of systems
- Mentoring experience
- Knowledge in Oracle, Linux, Unix, Windows, SQL, CRON or Bash
- Knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Python, C#) is desirable but not essential
Join us and you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn’t have done it without us. And to be central to OS’s vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
We recognise that Ordnance Survey’s ambition to continue attracting and retaining the most talented individuals means providing flexibility where possible, which is why we’re keen to hear from suitable open to hybrid working, where there will be a split between home and office working
If you would like to be part of this, click apply nowto be considered as our Support Engineer – we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: Sunday 10th January 2021